Saturday, May 8, 2010

I am still here

Hello!  Man has it ever been a long time since I have blogged.  I just forgot how long it had been until I started receiving e-mails about where was I.  Well, its been busy, I haven't exactly had the time I wanted off from work, they decided to have a alternate location, good for the library, but not so good for me.  So I work a day a week at the local college's library. 

I have been cleaning like mad, and getting things organized and fabric sorted to get rid of.  Major improvements are happening on all levels, which I am very excited about.  But with those major happenings, things are getting a little busy and have had no sewing time what so ever.  Those I will talk about in a later post, once things have been settled down and are slowing down.

Not many of you know that I also do lots of freelance work for others, such as art style quilts.  Personally they are not my favorite quilt to make, because I am so much more traditional in that aspect, but they do earn me some extra money, and every once in a while, I make a couple art quilts for myself.  I don't tend to share those, because I don't think they are very good, but there are a couple art galleries in Omaha, who are very interested in these quilts that I keep tucked away, and they want to plan a gallery opening, which is very exciting for me.  I have a couple more to make to if I ever have time, because I have to have even numbers or a odd number, that looks symetrical, i.e. like 9 quilts or fifteen quilts works for me, but not 7 or say eleven or nineteen.

When the quilts are hung in the gallery, or if they are hung, I will be sure to take pictures to share with everyone.  I have also been getting my class teaching schedule ready for teaching some art classes at the Fremont Art Gallery.  So my life has been busier than normal, and I wish that the weather would certainly make up its mind if its going to be winter or spring.  I am tired of the cold, the wind and the rain.

2 comments:

  1. Glad to see you are still kicking, I was beginning to wonder. I want you to know that I am very jealous. LOL, sorta.

    Lori has a 15 clone from me for your classes, she will bring it when she sees you next, you will need to build a wood base for it or find a cabinet. It is an early 40's Aldens machine, Plain Jane is her name and a beautiful straight stitch is her game.

    Be well my friend

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you have a lot on your plate! Thanks for the comments on the fabrics in the blue an white quilt on my blog.

    Sio

    ReplyDelete