I have been working on quilting this Eight Point Star variation, which is known as Carpenter's Square, Dutch Rose, among other names. I just call it my damn set in seam quilt. This quilt is completely set in seams. The pieces that aren't set in are the simple borders. I love the quilts made Talula Gilbert Bottoms, and she made several quilts in this pattern. Most of the points are ok, but the centers of the stars don't always meet. That and since, its almost entirely on the bias, it has a little stretch, something I wouldn't want to quilt by machine, and its a little to involved to be tacked. But not well enough made, by my standard to hand quilt. So what should I do? I decided to hand quilt it in big stitches with pearl cotton in a gray-ish color in Methodist Fans / Baptist Fans, pick your own denomination.
Its not a large quilt, it measures 70 inches by 90 inches. So it would fit on a full size bed with a dust ruffle, and would make a good size quilt for a twin. Right now I am into country looking quilts that are make do in style, and this one fits the bill, especially since I lost the light blue fabric, and just substituted a different blue, but I do like the looks of it so far. I loaded this in my hand quilting frame, and am half way quilted with this quilt in a about a week. The fan design with the big stitches quilts quickly and I didn't mark this quilt, it's quilted freehand.
Other than that, I have been piecing simple quilt tops to tie for the homeless, and working on some other blocks as well.