Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Happy Birthday Grandmother!




Today is my grandmother's birthday.  Some years it's hard to go through this day, since she and I were very close.  She passed away over 10 years ago, but the wound is still fresh some years.  She is the one that taught me to quilt, to crochet, to embroider, to cook, to bake, and for the love of a simple but frugal life. And her love of butterflies.  I miss her every day and I still find myself picking up the phone and calling her number, only to realize what I am doing.

For this I want to tell her thank you for all the wonderful things she taught me, but the greatest thing that she gave me was unconditional love.  For that I am truly thankful!


2 comments:

  1. You will always miss the important people in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jay, happy that you are back using your blog!! I do miss checking up on you!! Love the tribute to your grandmother, I love hearing the stories you tell of her. Keep these memories close and remember that every time you see a butterflies, it is your Grandmother stopping by to say "love you."--Julia

    ReplyDelete