Thursday, April 23, 2015

Utility Quilts

Does any one make Utility Quilts anymore?  You know use what you have, make do, and just quilt it with big stitches or tie it with wool yarn.  I needed some warm quilts to use under my good quilts, so I been busy making a few utility quilts made out of what is on hand.  This one used up various pieces of scrap that I had, and I used four pieces of flannel on the back, rolled the backing up to the front to be used as binding, and its tied with wool yarn.  Why wool?  Because the ties won't come undone when washed, they will felt and keep the layers tight.  Just be sure not to use Superwash Wool.


1 comment:

  1. I make these quilts all the time for our church. I don't use wool on the back because it is so expensive. I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete